Toddlers are explorers; they want to go everywhere and do everything! In the Africa room, our experienced teachers take great care to create a safe space for discovery, fun, and exercise. Your little explorer will find her voice, make new friends, and develop confidence in new found abilities.
Weekly Tuition Rates
- Tuition based on designated classroom and number of days in care
- Approximate Ages: 13 months to 30 months
- Ratio: one-to-five, maximum of 20 with four staff members
- Curriculum: theme based, changes weekly
Parents should bring in the following supplies: Diapers, wipes, extra clothes and formula if it’s other than what we provide.
What they will learn
In the Africa room toddlers are given a variety of choices for learning experiences that help develop their brain, personality, behavior, and health.
- Begins to show empathy for others
- Feels safe and secure away from parents
- Shows affection or dislikes
- Shows pride in new accomplishments
- Asserts self appropriately
- Exhibits contrasting moods (stubborn to compliant)
- Imitates others
- Influences or persuades others
- Helps at clean-up time
- Tries to please others
- Exhibits an intense interest in adult language
- Enjoys “exploring” with others
- Sits well in chair
- Climbs up steps
- Marches in place
- Rolls, throws, and kicks ball
- Stacks blocks
- Uses a crayon or paintbrush
- Attempts to put on shoes, socks, jacket
- Washes and dries hands
- Uses a spoon
- Drinks from a cup
Children in our toddler classes participate in at least 30 minutes of supervised exercise each day through games and activities, such as marching with musical instruments, dancing to music(e.g. the Hokey Pokey), or acting out stories with lots of vigorous movement.
View our image gallery: